About the Appeals category

Appealing your ban

Were you recently banned from the Open Debates discord community? You can appeal any ban decisions here in a public fashion.

How to properly appeal

• Create an account on this forum by logging in with Discord. This is necessary for us to be able to verify it is in fact you that is appealing, and not someone else trying to impersonate you.
  • Go to the home page and press the “+ New Topic” button in the top right hand corner.
  • Title your appeal with “[Username]'s Appeal”
  • Apply the appeals category by clicking the “Uncategorised” dropdown and selecting the appeals category.
  • Write your appeal.

Do take notice

• Regardless of what you write in your appeal we will go over the entire process that led up to your ban.
  • No amount of regret, changes in heart or behaviour will influence the decision.
  • Unbans only happen if there were procedural faults in the ruling to ban that would have changed the outcome.

FAQ

Q: I can only see a room called isolation. Have i been banned?
A: You are currently detained/isolated. This can happen for three reasons:

• You’ve breached a rule that warrants isolation.
  • You’ve been considered too hazardous to serve your mute with access to other users.
  • You’ve triggered the word filter one too many times.
    Do note you have to ask to be freed if the latter applies to you.

If you’re unsure which of these apply to you, you can always contact support.

Q: I’ve been DMed by Support saying my ban process has been initiated, and that i will be banned in 24 hours. Can i appeal here during that time?
A: Yes.

Q: May i appeal other moderator decisions using this category?
A: No, this category is only for appealing bans which are permanent removals from the server.

Q: I do not want to log in with Discord, are there other ways you can appeal my ban?
A: We do currently not accept any other forms of appeal.

Sincerely
The Open Debates Board of Directors

1 Like